Wednesday 9 January 2013

I am so ready to go home!




I didn't really fall in love but I must say I like Timon’s driving better than Michael’s.


On the last day of my visit to Switzerland we all went to this amazing water park.  I was a little apprehensive considering that I was thinking that it would be like West Ed and I don’t really like that one, but it was better than anything I could have imagined.  And of course I wasn’t thinking about how horrible I looked in my bikini, but was focused on how much fun I was having. But I don’t think I looked that bad, but I guess I can’t really be the judge of that, I have decided that if I ever go back to Switzerland that I will definitely head back there with Sarah!  

After all that fun and joy I got up the next morning, said good-bye to everyone and headed to the airport to visit Poland.  Now I am already tired of traveling and living out of a suitcase and Sarah and I never went to bed before 1 so I was probably sleep deprived but as we took off and I was looking at beautiful Switzerland for the last time I started to cry................hard core. Not just a tear here or there but really crying I probably scared the girl sitting next to me but she didn’t speak English so who cares.  Now was I crying because I wanted to stay in Switzerland with Sarah and her awesome family or was it because I just wanted that plane to take a very long detour and head back to my motherland?  I don’t have the slightest but whatever it was it left me red eyed and looking crazy, like had had just said good-bye to my boyfriend or family for the first time like I said.......Crazy

Anywho I think homesickness has kicked in and I have not 100% enjoyed my stay in Poland.  I came to see one thing and I saw it but I still had 2 days to kill, with a host family who doesn’t speak very good English but who has been more than welcoming and pleasant so I really shouldn’t be complaining, so I won’t.  I have seen everything that Poland has to offer within a 2 hours radius with my very native guide.  I have see beautiful old cities, an ancient castle where I had to wear protective footwear, and the most amazing salt mine which you will see pictures of on fb once I get back to school.  I greatly enjoyed, and I know that sounds creepy, but I did enjoy Auschwitz.  I have always wanted to go and I finally did.  I had an idea that the people who were gassed right away without a chance to prove their worth were jipped, but after being there in the winter and seeing how these people lived out there last days I totally change my mind.  More than 75% of the people getting off the trains were gassed.  Now if you saw a mass of people all walking together being told all along the way by signs and soldiers that you were all going to take a shower, told to take you clothes off and remember which peg you hung them on so you could get them after, and then led into a room with shower heads all over the ceiling wouldn’t you think that you were going to have a shower? Well these people did and that is a much better way of going then freezing in drafty wooden barracks, sleeping on cement and walking around in shoes that didn’t and clothes that where paper thin.  I would much rather have taken a shower.

I know neither family will ever see this but I would like to Say a very big thank you to both families for having me a sharing everything you had with me.  I would not have traveled Europe without your homes to crash in.

Well now that you all know how my trip to Poland was I think that I will go watch Grey’s Anatomy since Sarah got me hooked, Curse you! And I fly back to my own bed tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment