Tuesday 30 April 2013

Edinburgh



While driving to Edinburgh all I could do was look out the windows.  If you have never seen any pictures of Edinburgh you need to look them up cuz it is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen.  The old buildings and the cobblestone street just give it such character.  Pamela, Sarah, Marju and I walked all around the city and then met up with Balazs and Daniel for lunch.  Now marju who has been up here before told me that the best fish and chips is up in the north so I know I was pretty excited.  We went into this little pub that was covered in old metal signs and old lights that looked like candles.   It was such a cute little place.  And Mrs. Little was so right that in England pubs they just try to put a toilet in anywhere.  In this pub you had to go down two flights of stairs at the very back of the pub.  And every toilet is different, In Canada most places are uniform but even in our school there are at least 4 different styles of toilets on campus.  But back to the pub we had Haggis, which is a traditional Scottish dish, fish and chips, and a few different starters.  One was caramelised onions with warm goat’s cheese on bread and the other was deep fried brie OMG it was all so good!  After eating we went all over Edinburgh looking for a charm for my bracelet.  I wanted a thistle for obvious reasons but couldn’t find one anywhere.  Finally Sarah spotted a jewelry store and I didn’t care how much it cost I was going to buy it from there.  Well when I got in there I found the best one ever and it was only £ 9 so I was more than happy! Well by this time it was 3 so we all headed back to the mini bus passing by the queen residence and taking a quick picture.  Then for the long 10 hour ride back.

No comments:

Post a Comment